The Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Korea (hereafter the CBCK), a permanent institution erected by the Apostolic See as a juridic person consists of the bishops of the Republic of Korea joined together to coordinate and promote activity for the common good of the whole Catholic Church in Korea (cf. Statutes of the CBCK, art. 1; CIC, can. 447, 449)
The objectives of the CBCK are defined as follows (cf. Statutes of the CBCK, art. 2; CIC, can. 447):
1. to exchange opinions and information as well as to study in the light of experience and with wisdom and prudence all matters related to the common good, considering especially forms and methods of the apostolate fittingly adapted to the times and circumstances of the nation;
2. to deliberate and make decisions and to issue decrees on the aforementioned matters;
3. to ask the Apostolic See for joint solutions whenever they are necessary;
4. to put decisions into practice and to implement decrees and solutions received from the Apostolic See;
5. to treat other things that promote the common good of the universal Church and the Church in Korea and all that is requested by the Apostolic See.
§1 The following are members of the CBCK by law (cf. Statutes of the CBCK, art. 3; CIC, can. 450):
1. all diocesan bishops and those equivalent to them in law,
2. all coadjutor bishops,
3. all auxiliary bishops,
4. other titular bishops who fulfill a particular function in Korea for which they are mandated by the Apostolic See or the CBCK.
§2 All bishops emeriti are associate members of the CBCK.
|President||Most Rev. Matthias RI Iong-hoon, Bishop of Suwon|
|Vice-President||Most Rev. Basil CHO Kyu-man, Bishop of Wonju|
His Eminence Andrew Cardinal YEOM Soo-jung, Archbishop of Seoul & Apostolic Administrator of Pyongyang
Most Rev. Victorinus YOUN Kong-hi, Emeritus Archbishop of Gwangju
74, Myeonmok-ro, Gwangjin-gu, Seoul, 04918 KOREA
Tel 82-2-460-7500 / Fax 82-2-460-7505 / E-mail email@example.com